Monday, January 17, 2011

Reason no. 47

Dear Dallin,

One of the things I appreciated about you right from the start was your chivalry. I suppose your acts of gentlemanly behavior were carefully noted because I was beginning to think the art form was dead. From day one you opened my car door and helped me in and I remember thinking at the time, "Yes! This is what it should be like!"

And, I love you all the more that the chivalry wasn't just a show during our courtship, but is very much a part of your character. It is a manifestation of kindness and respect for me every time you open a door, or let me go first, or carry all the heavy stuff, or insist on washing all the dishes, or carrying up all the groceries, or dishing my food first.

Every night at dinner, you pull out my chair for me, when no one but the chair sees you do it. You know how it makes me feel? Like a queen! And I love you for it.

For always, Liezel

3 comments:

Master P said...

One thing I love about Dallin is that he doesn't do those things to impress or get anything, he just does it because it's the right thing to do. And one thing I love about you is that you appreciate him so :)

Jane said...

You're the one! You found the one male in the world who does not believe chivalry is dead.
Good catch with that one.

Boo said...

I love your letters to Dallin. I think they are wonderful. I am so happy you found someone who treats you like the queen you are. Congrats!