Friday, October 14, 2011

Seasonal Delights

In the weekly grocery mailer I discovered apples on sales for .69 cents/lb.--and not just one kind of apple either: Gala, Fuji, Red and Golden Delicious, Rome, Braeburn, Granny Smith, Johathan, and Jonagold apples! I made a homemade apple pie two weeks ago, but I might have to make another with apple prices like this! I don't think my sweetheart will mind.

Yesterday I made something rather sinful, or at very least not very healthy, and certainly not gluten-free. I found a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which called for 1 1/2 cups sugar AND 2 cups chocolate chips! But my sweetheart loves anything pumpkin, so I indulged because making them was just one more way for me to say "I love you." I am not much of a chocolate fan...but I think I ate five.

Last week I created some butternut squash soup and with the leftover squash half, plan to experiment with a butternut squash pasta recipe. I love the foods of fall! Huzzah!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Speaking of, remind me to bring you the gluten-free cookie recipe I have. They are excellent and almost kind of healthy. Lots of oatmeal.

Ruth said...

Mmmm. It also sounds delicious. Can I come live with you? I'll clean your house so you can keep playing with baby...