Saturday, October 29, 2011

Music Man

It is never very productive to pine over bygone days, but I must admit I feel a bit cheated by the timing of my dating relationship with Dallin. I didn't meet him until after his music glory days in college, after his concerto competitions, after his time as concert master, after his recitals, and gigs for campus elites. Sometimes I wish I could have been a fly on the wall or a mouse in the corner during those days to see Dallin in first chair in the orchestra, Dallin wowing the crowds, Dallin in the spotlight.
This past week I got a small glimpse of that Dallin, and Dallin had a walk down memory lane as he was invited to sub in the city symphony orchestra where he attended college. I got quite the thrill attending an orchestra concert, which I am always game for. Even better, though, my sweetheart was in the orchestra all dressed up, and playing with professionals. I couldn't have been prouder. I love being married to a musician. I am sure there will be other orchestra invitations in the years to come. And, in the meantime, I can enjoy his fiddling from the comfort of our living room couch in pajamas. How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Jane said...

Not only is he good but he loves to do it - I think - and that has to be...is there a word for more than awesome?

Master P said...

The neatest thing about Dallin in those days (and now) is he has always been totally chill about it. The crowds cheered, he smiled and relished in the joy of just doing it. As a total ham, I've always been in wonderment of all that talent in such a non-assuming package. I'm jealous you get to see so much of it!!