Friday, October 21, 2011

Collecting

Ezra and I took a lovely fall walk and while he slept, oblivious to all the beauty, mommy collected a whole slew of colorful flora. I was in a creative mood and came home and made a quick horticulture collage of my plant samples:


Categorizing is always fun, so I made a group for everything red:


And everything yellow:


For all the fruits, pods, and seed heads:


And because I am a plant nerd, how about alphabetically by Latin name? (arranged from bottom to top: Acer, Baptisia, Calamagrostis, Caryopteris, Catalpa, Chrysanthemum, Cornus, Fraxinus, Gaillardia, Geranium, Gleditisia, Juniperus, Lavandula, Malus...)


I won't bore you with all the other ways I thought to subdivide my collection, but suffice it to say, I am easily entertained.

2 comments:

Jane said...

But not in a bad way...howmuch do you have to know to categorize that way? My hat off to you!

Ruth said...

And they're all SO beautiful!