Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Room with a [Gilded] View

Every day for the past two weeks I look out ANY window in our apartment and have this gorgeous golden-leafed view (from a Honeylocust, Gleditsia triacanthos):













Life is simple, really, and so is this little blessing, but even still, I see many reasons to give thanks. I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful for color and sunshine. I am grateful for windows that help me to see the good right in front of my face. I am grateful for the influence of the Holy Ghost that helps me to choose to recognize my abundance and tend that garden. I am grateful that after the fleeting glory of autumn there still exist the unchanging truths of life: God lives, Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son, we are each beloved spirit children of our Father in Heaven, and there is victory over death through the Atonement.

1 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

And I am thankful for your constant sweetness and gratitude! Heavenly Father sure knows how to pour those blessings!