Tuesday, November 24, 2009

At Long Last!

Today I am most especially grateful for FINALLY getting to the temple. I am so grateful for a ride up with a friend from the branch and her mom. I am so grateful for safe travel back and forth to the temple in Columbia, South Carolina. I am so grateful for riding with people who love to sing--and sing we did! For an hour and a half! Every hymn we sang we did all the verses, including all seven verses of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." Marvelous. I am grateful just to see the temple, isn't it beautiful! I was even more grateful to go inside and enjoy the peace and quiet that can only be felt there. I am grateful for the gospel and the plan of salvation. I am grateful for beautiful truths. I am grateful to go to bed tonight knowing that I can answer in the affirmative, "have I done any good in the world today?" That feels good.

1 comments:

Jane said...

So nice. I love people who aren't afraid to sing all the verses of any hymn, but especially that one!