Sunday, November 22, 2009

All Things with Thankfulness

Today I was grateful for my umbrella, and a dinner invitation, which included sweet potatoes--marvelous! Today I was grateful for amazing conversations full of honesty and thoroughness and meaning. Today I was grateful for a most excellent mum who listens and imparts wisdom and teaches me. I was also grateful for the Primary songs prelude before our Relief Society meeting, "I Love to See the Temple", "I Feel My Savior's Love", and "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus". And for the little thoughts I had about gratitude and humility and for rediscovering this quote:

"The kind of gratitude that receives even tribulations with thanksgiving requires a broken heart and a contrite spirit, humility to accept that which we cannot change, willingness to turn everything over to the Lord--even when we do not understand, thankfulness for hidden opportunities yet to be revealed. Then comes a sense of peace"
-Bonnie D. Parkin, Ensign, May 2007, p. 35.

I am grateful for unanswered questions that help me remember my reliance on the Lord and how I truly do "need [Him] every hour."

1 comments:

Jane said...

I heard once that we would be suprised at the number of times in a single day the Lord intervenes in our lives.
I am sure not thankful enough.