Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Puppy Dog, Part 2

The arrival of Ezra's first tooth caused physical, emotional, and mental catastrophe; for all he knew his world was crumbling to pieces.  Subsequent teeth have caused some degree of agitation, drooling, and biting, but nothing terribly dramatic.  I found myself thinking, "Teething isn't so bad after all.  Great."  (That was me, the naive mommy thinking).  Turns out I just have a passive-aggressive child (huh...I wonder where that comes from).

Teething, as it turns out, is quite painful, but Ezra, independent little dude, has found ways to solve his own problems.  On his crib.  Sometime between yesterday and today, my charming teeth-er has striped the crib vanish down to bare wood in a dozen inch-long swathes across two sides of his crib.  (Oh yea, new trick: pulling to a stand inside crib).  I guess I should have remembered my mother's words sooner, "It's too quiet; where's the baby?"  I give you Ezra, the happy (stealthy) puppy dog.  

0 comments: