Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wisdom and order

Yesterday Mama Bear, Dallin, and I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens on one of their "free days". It was my first time (during the growing season) to see the property. I am trying to learn Colorado plants, so I took advantage of plant photo opportunities right and left. I enjoyed the various garden rooms and thematic displays (perennial garden, herb garden, prairie garden, scripture garden, rose garden, seasonal flower cutting garden, native flora garden, desert mesa garden, Japanese garden, water garden, etc.) I enjoyed having so much to touch and see and feel and hear. I enjoyed my perfect company.
Towards the end of our day I was able to catch this dragonfly on a lotus pod with just a little Kodak point-and-shoot camera. Dragonflies at the garden were plentiful and busy in their flight patterns and meal acquistion, but they were also very attentive to their resting time. I was impressed by these dragonflies that recognized their abilities and energy level and took needed routine breaks. A particular phrase from Mosiah 4:27 came to mind, "and see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength...therefore, all things must be done in order." A lesson from dragonflies that I needed to remember.

2 comments:

CL said...

Such a great garden! Someday it will have to compete with your backyard.

Jane said...

I really want to go to a garden - of any variety with you. Teach me, I am a grasshopper.