Thursday, January 1, 2009

Magnifique!

My sister Lauren has become quite the little artist and I thought it would be fun to include here some of her creations. Her medium of choice seems to be oil and she handles it well--if I do say so myself! The pictures included here are: a silver bangle bracelet with stars, Kristen with her baby doll on Christmas Eve (probably age 3), herself on a summer afternoon making a very characteristic Lauren mannerism--shrugging her shoulders up close to her face and cocking her head, and smiling her cute bashful grin, with her adorable tousled curly locks, and me and my cousin Jennifer running in my aunt's backyard in Boise. These paintings were all for her AP Art class and usually were painted to fulfill some kind of assignment. The bracelet painting, for example, shows repetition, the picture of the two girls running shows motion, and Kristen and Lauren paintings demonstrate value changes.
Yea for my Lu-Lu!

1 comments:

Jane said...

That's impressive. I am in awe.