Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Granola Love

Homemade granola is on my favorites list right now.  It is my go-to breakfast most every day.  My granola love is all the more sweet because Jane gave me the-biggest-metal-mixing-bowl-you-ever-did-see as a Christmas gift.  The mixing bowl is big enough to easily hold the 40 cups of oats my recipe requires.  Jane is the hero of my non-messy granola-making endeavors.  (Please take a bow, Jane!)  Previous to receiving this gift, I needed to use three of my biggest--not really so big--bowls, and I usually spilled a quarter of my oats onto the countertop and floor.

My granola recipe is based loosely on one I found in a cooking magazine, and includes yummy ingredients such as coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and cardamon.  My favorite mix-ins are pumpkins seeds, sunflower seeds, dried blueberries, coconut flakes, and walnuts.  Granola is a happy way to start my morning.     

1 comments:

Jane said...

40?! 40 cups?! If I'd known the quantity I might have stressed out more over whether the bowl was big enough...I'm glad it all fits and that granola sounds lovely.