Monday, February 9, 2015

Boots!

We get a few mid-winter thaws here, and when the snow melts, our backyard turns into a muddy mess.  Of course, Ezra and Maren love to play outside when we have 70 degree days in February, but the quantity of mud sometimes causes more headache than its worth.  As a practical solution to cleaning mud-caked leather shoes regularly, I opted to find the kids some rubber boots.  I love the idea of rubber boots: easy to put on, easy to clean, good for puddle jumping, mud-sloshing, and gardening.  My current rubber boots were purchased at a farm supply store in Iowa ten years ago, and I still wear them outdoors whenever the sun shines.  

I do believe my practical purchase was laced with inspiration because the boots were love at first sight for Ezra and Maren.  They both want to wear them constantly, in the house and outside.  And, as an added bonus, I am, officially, a super awesome mom right now.  "I love my boots, Mom!  I love my boots!"  Ezra exclaimed.  "I have fire chief boots Mom!  I'm cool!"  Maren danced and tapped and twirled to express her excitement.  

I have made a few purchases for my kids in which the small monetary input was far and away outstripped by the happiness, usefulness, and quality play output.  For example, Bear has been a part of our family for nearly 2.5 years, and he is still cherished by Ezra on a daily basis.  I found Ezra a toy push mower for $7 at a consignment sale when he was 18 months old, and he still loves it--and so does every other boy who comes to our house to play.  Maren has very simple tastes: bouncy balls from the dollar store are her endless delight.  I think this latest purchase needs to be added to that list.  I see many months of usefulness and happiness from rubber boots.



1 comments:

Jane said...

Too, too adorable!
I love the boot and pajamas look.