Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Variety Show

Along with music time, tummy time, story time, play time, bath time, walks, and errands, I have added (unintentionally) a nightly cooking show to the mix.

I host my own show and Ezra is my captive audience. He has grown out of his bouncy chair and now uses his high chair daily. It comes in handy when I need to cook dinner. He watches me intently as I chop, measure, stir, and simmer all manner of foods. He is fascinated by steam from boiling pots, dish washing, and the refrigerator. He will sit in his high chair, with an army of toys, for nearly an hour, content, as long as I am hosting a good enough "show." And by "show" I mean we have an intellectual conversation about my culinary doings. I tell him about chopping bell peppers, the importance of disinfecting the counter top after working with raw meat, how to tell when the pasta is ready, and the art of seasoning to taste. Chances are high I am raising a foodie.

One of my other hats is circus performer. Ezra, darling boy, has yet to figure out the entertain yourself bit. So, mommy is a singing dancing spectacle. I have been known to bark like a dog in order to produce giggles. All in a day's work; I love it.

0 comments: