Monday, January 2, 2012

More than Coincidental

For my birthday (2010) my sweetheart bought me an orchid. It bloomed for the first time nine months later, the week of our first anniversary. It bloomed for the second time the week of Christmas. Just coincidental? Yea, most likely, but fantastic timing, nonetheless.As I think about this last year and look forward to year 2012, I recognize with gratitude blessings received that are so much more than serendipity or coincidence. I acknowledge a merciful Father in Heaven and His gifts to our family in the following:
  • January 2011 kicked off with wonderful news: I am expecting!
  • Participation in the stake Relief Society choir for our February women's conference during the height of my pregnancy nausea. Somehow, the singing was a distraction and a spiritual boost through a difficult time.
  • My brother and sister-in-law welcomed their first child in April, a perfect little red-headed girl.
  • My sweetheart completed his rotation in June with a successful work campaign (the summation of months of round-the-clock preparation).
  • My sweetheart began another year-long work rotation that meant we didn't have to move.
  • I attended the Atlanta Temple re-dedication and cultural celebration in May.
  • The privilege of serving for eight months of 2011 as a temple ordinance worker.
  • Kuzmich 3 became 3 +1 adding their own sweet little boy in late August.
  • Our sweet baby boy joined our family in a miraculous way in September. I thank extremely competent and inspired doctors for his safe arrival.
  • A wonderful blessing weekend with many family members in town for the occasion.
  • Thanksgiving and sushi night with all of my sweetheart's family in town.
  • Christmas with most of my family in Utah.

2 comments:

Master P said...

How on earth do you keep an orchid alive?? Congrats on a year VERY well lived :)

Jane said...

Is that normal for orchids?
Quite the monumental year. Congratulations on making it with a good attitude.