Monday, May 23, 2011

Favorite Place

Over the weekend all the Colorado family plus a cousin visiting from California got together for a garden excursion to the Denver Botanic Garden. The weather was perfect and after several weeks of on-again/off-again rain the plants were looking fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did Dallin, but then of course we would, we were in a garden! I love that my sweetheart loves a garden almost as much as I do. I am one lucky girl.
Just for fun we took another picture at the moon gate in the Japanese Garden. The first picture was taken in late August of last year when we were very newly-weds; in the second picture I am a 6-month + pregnant mommy-to-be with my ever-handsome husband (wow--pregnancy changes you alot!) Our one-year anniversary is fast approaching and it is amazing to think of all the adventuring we have had in that amount of time. Life is very good!

2 comments:

Master P said...

Oh, LIezel - you have definitely had one heck of a year, but you don't look a mite different at all. That little bit just adds to that lovely glow of your smile! Love the picture, and I'm VERY jealous I missed the excursion :)

Jane said...

Do I sense a tradition in the making?
And can you explain a moon gate to those who aren't that aweome?
And and where are the pictures of the specimens you love best?
And and and I don't think you look much different...except for the hat or the arm in a different pose or the proximity to the camera.
And and and AND we are also jealous to have missed the excursion!