Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Conspicuous Motherhood

24 has always been one of my favorite numbers, and it seems that in this pregnancy 24 is also my magic number. As of week 24 I finally developed a baby bump. I am now in week 25 and decided it was time for another picture update.
In other updates, I realize that I have been very short-sighted in all of this motherhood stuff. Case in point: Two of my sister-in-laws and a few friends send cards or well wishes for my first Mother's Day and I was shocked. Wait...me? Really? I guess I am still processing the fact that after 30+ years of being single, I am no longer in that stage of anticipating motherhood, or desiring motherhood, but officially in the thick of it.
And now with a baby bump I am also in the realm of conspicuous motherhood, where people, sometimes strangers, ask me when I am due and what I am having. I am still processing that too.
I am loving this stage of pregnancy though, the "magic window" of feeling good and having energy has been true for me lately. I have started doing some yoga safe for pregnancy, with great energizing results. I also finished the baby quilt. The best news though, is that my taste for sweets is coming back! This is most exciting because summer just wouldn't be summer without enjoying ice cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato. Boulder has a good collection of local fare frozen treat establishments that I can now patronize! And, Blue Bell ice cream recently made its debut in grocery stores in Colorado, which for a girl who grew up in Blue Bell country is very good news.

2 comments:

CL said...

Cute bump- that's when I popped my first pregnancy too! You are definitely at the best part- glad you can enjoy it :)

Jane said...

So glad that the nausea has let up! The adjusting to life thing is weird no matter what the change is.
How does one get some of this Blue Bell ice cream stuff?