Thursday, March 17, 2011

My (non-update) update

I feel like I should have some updates about my pregnancy, now in week 16. Trouble is, there isn't much different to tell.
I still have nausea as my daily companion. I still hate eating, but of necessity must eat every two hours. I still stand in front of the open refrigerator, bewildered. I still struggle to be in a grocery store. I still have no joy in cooking. I still have no food cravings. I still gag on anything sweet, even remotely, like LaraBars, sugared dried fruit, or flavored yogurt.
Interestingly, eggs and dairy are what is working the best right now. I find this intriguing because I hardly ever ate eggs or dairy before pregnancy because they didn't work for Dallin, so I never bought them. Right now, scrambled eggs on an English muffin or string cheese are my old standbys.
All is well with baby, of that I am constantly assured. Most of the time when I mention continuing nausea the doctors tell me it means a good amount of required hormones and a "robust placenta." So when I throw up in a parking lot, or a public restroom, or on the stairs, or in the car, or the kitchen sink for the twelvth time, I just keep thinking robust placenta: good. throwing up: not so good. but robust placenta: good.
And while I have gained an appropriate amount of weight at good increments, I do not have much of a baby bump, which is actually a little disconcerting. I guess I expected some outward sign by now of all that my body has been doing. So, I give you photos from week 7 and week 16, respectively. Baby is very well, mommy is mostly well, and daddy is a saint.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Alissa you look absolutely gorgeous! I can see a little bump! Keep the updates coming! :)

Sara said...

Haha! "Robust placenta: good." That is so funny! I'm glad you can see the silver lining to throwing up??? :)

Also, probably the reason you don't show your pregnancy yet is because you were already so svelte to begin with! You look wonderful! :)

Jane said...

As one who has read a lot of blogs - about pregnancy and not - it could be worse than to have nothing to write about other than nausea.
But if you get any more adorable *I* may start throwing up.
Just so you're warned.

CL said...

Oh I'm sorry you're still sick. With Luke I felt better after 17 weeks and didn't detest everything I tried to eat. I'm glad you have a good outlook though.
You look great! Not much baby bumb but it'll come and I can't wait to see the pictures of it.