Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I AM Grateful

Last night Dallin gave the family home evening lesson about expressing gratitude, especially for those things that are easy to take for granted. I realize how wonderful my own family has always been, and how easy, therefore, they are to take for granted. To each of you I want to say: I am proud to call you family! I love our family culture. I love our nicknames and pet names and playful teasing. I love our traditions. I love our game nights and together time. I love how we can laugh together. I love our memories. I love each member individually. I love your unique personality. I love to hear of your successes. I marvel at the challenges you are working through, and handling so very well! I am amazed at your talents and abilities. I am so grateful for the divine institution of family, so central to the plan of salvation, which allows us all to be together forever. I love you each and every one.

2 comments:

Jane said...

That's an excellent reminder to be grateful for what we already have all the time.
How do your family home evenings go when there is only two of you? Ours aren't what would be considered traditional I don't think...

Phat Fiddle said...

Hurray for ridiculously good-looking people!!