Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh the [Colorado] places we go!

Have I mentioned that I love it here? May it be known that I do. Have I mentioned that I am rather smitten with Colorado? It will tell you right now, I am.
Our most recent adventuring included seeing four extreme landscapes in a two day period. We saw a huge hole in the ground (Royal Gorge, Canon City). We experienced a sand dune, or two...or five...(Great Sand Dune National Park and Preserve, near Alamosa). We marveled at aspens in all their autumn glory (10,000+ mountain peaks off Highway 149 in the Rio Grande National Forest near Creede). We explored giant red rocks (Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs).
During the peak of the autumn color viewing on gorgeous mountain roads we had Aaron Copeland's Appalachian Spring narrating our tour. It was glorious! It was majestic! I felt patriotic seeing America and listening to America and getting to see it all with Dallin, my most excellent traveling companion.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm pretty sure you have mentioned it once or twice, but it's good to know that you like the new ground in which you've been transplanted. We like you too.

CL said...

I'm so glad you like it! Now you see why Coloradans have such state pride. It really is the best. I bet it's nice to be a days drive from your family too. Seeing your pictures makes me miss it.

Boo said...

Gorgeous photos! I am glad you are enjoying your new home. Please keep the photos coming. I love reading about your adventures.