Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chihuly in the Garden

I didn't have a lot of requests for my birthday, but I did specifically request a botanical garden outing.  A garden visit is always lovely for me, but this season, there is a special outdoor glass exhibition by the famous American artist Dale Chihuly.  (Apparently, this is the first time his work has ever come to the Rocky Mountain region).  I saw his genius in the garden several years ago when I lived in Atlanta.

Roslyn and John joined us, and Ezra was nearly attached at the hip to grandma for the greater part of the day.  They were soaking it all in together; Grandma made every new piece of art feel like love-at-first-sight.  Ezra was entranced.
Ezra and Grandma on an art adventure
Isn't this beautiful?! 

Circle gate family photo update
A contemplative moment...
Miss Maren hanging out in the stroller

John & Roslyn
Ezra chasing Mommy, or a fun way to get some wiggles out

1 comments:

Jane said...

It can be a toss-up which is better to watch; the amazing glass art of Mr. Chihuly or Grandma's reaction to it.
I'm so glad you got to go - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - and that it was a lovely day to visit.