Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I will

Last year, I was a Sunday School teacher for youth ages 14-15 at my church.  I loved the calling, and I still miss it.  Occasionally, I go to the lds youth link on the church's main website to keep current with that age group.  Among so many awesome resources, there is a nice compilation of uplifting music that can be downloaded.  I was especially touched today by a song I found called I Will by Hilary Weeks.

In this song, Hilary Weeks says simply, "In a world where so many will not, I will."    

Isn't it a beautiful thing to have the opportunity to choose?  I can choose to obey, I can choose to be strong, I can choose to follow the Prophet, I can choose to have courage, I can choose to listen.  And in these final days before the Second Coming of the Savior, I can choose to part of the hastening of the work.

I have felt recently the need to do my work as a mother more completely.  I may not always love all the daily routine things about being a mom, but I love teaching the gospel to my children.  I will teach with power.  I will bear testimony of the Savior Jesus Chirst.  I will help my children know that repentance is real.  I will prepare them to make covenants with their Father in Heaven.  I will create a home environment where the spirit can be felt.

I will.

1 comments:

Jane said...

That's a powerful statement.
(Not where I thought you were going with the post, but a good ending nonetheless.)
I am sure your children will lack for nothing, in any department.