Friday, May 23, 2014

Family Visit!


Ezra, Maren, and I are just back from a two-week visit with my parents.  It was a lovely time for all, but I think Ezra especially benefited.  My five siblings who live near my parents were all able to visit both weekends we were in town.  I feel so grateful that my children are so loved by my family!  My sisters are so affectionate and cuddly.  They are warm and attentive, and more than willing to read stories, go on walks, play with cars, and listen to my animated little boy.  My brother Aaron is an awesome uncle too.  He is silly, fun-loving, and a big tease.  He and Ezra engaged in a good bit of playful banter whenever they got together.

 Grandpa taught Ezra how to play Marble-works.  They worked on the sprinklers together, they played at the park together, they watched movies together.  Grandpa, Ezra, Maren, and I took a road trip to northern Utah and had a picnic in front of the Brigham City Temple and Tabernacle.

Grandma was always available for Ezra.  She dressed, bathed, tickled, cuddled, fed, and loved my little sweetie.  She took Ezra on outings, read him stories, tucked him in bed, taught him, played with him, encouraged him, and made him feel special.  Grandma and Ezra rode a Ferris wheel together, they had chocolate-vanilla swirl ice cream cones together, they worked on home improvement projects together.

Ezra and Aunt Kristen snuggles
Ezra telling Aunt Emily all about bulldozers.

Ezra and Uncle Aaron helping Grandma open her Mother's Day presents.
Brigham City picnic with Grandpa
All the sisters and Miss Maren.
Grandma and Maren--all smiles.
Family picture plus Molly's fiance (!!) John
     

2 comments:

Ruth said...

How fun!! What a happy time.

Jane said...

Heard a quote when I was a teenager that has been all over since then, and seems particularly appropriate in this case: "If I'd know grandchildren were so much fun, I would have had them first!"
Glad it was such a fun time.