Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baby Girl!

In case you missed the news, my little occupant is a girl!  The 20-week (half-way done!) ultrasound was yesterday.  I had no inkling whatsoever about the sex of the baby, but Dallin was firmly convinced it was a girl--and he was right!  She is growing like a champ, and every thing is perfect except for one small it-might-be-nothing-but-we-will-double-check-anyway issue with her kidneys.  Apparently, her kidneys are larger than they should be, but my doctor reassured me at least three times that it is common, and an isolated issue, and will likely resolve itself.  I am scheduled to have a re-check ultrasound in a month to look at her kidneys again.

During the entire ultrasound baby was head down, feet straight up in the air, face down.  She was not to be disturbed, and never changed position!  So, we have some really nice ultrasound photos of her spine and the back of her head (he he).  Sorry, no classic profile pictures to share...maybe next month we will get lucky.

This whole pregnancy thing is feeling more real now that I know baby is a girl.  I have lots to daydream about...

4 comments:

dallin+michelle said...

congratulations alyssa!!! a baby GIRL!!! that is such fun news! your family is growing :) i couldn't be happier for you. and i can't thank you enough for the job recommendation at glenridge. although my time has passed from working there, it was one of THE best experiences of my life :) now motherhood is my current joy too.

Jane said...

I did hear, but congratulations!! agaiin via this way.
So excited for you. It's been a lot of boys lately so go girls!

Dr. Data said...

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
IT'S A GIRLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
SQUEELS OF JOY FROM CHINA.

CL said...

Congrats! I wouldn't know what to do with a girl but I bet you'll have fun :)