Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And, my other news...

Yesterday, a doctor visit confirmed that I am pregnant!  I was making a very similar post almost two years ago, which means that new baby will be almost exactly two years younger than Ezra.  My due date is August 2.

The other story of my lack of blog posts is the result of first trimester nausea in the extreme.  It hit me in the face in early December much more intensely than with Ezra.  I was pretty low-functioning for the greater part of December.  Just before our trip to Utah for Christmas, I ended up in the ER on account of my inability to keep anything in, even water, for a three day period.  It was a struggle to just breathe in and out for a time, but enough of that.

The good news is, Thanksgiving was early, so I was done with all my Christmas shopping before December even started.  I had a few good days early in the month for some small outings, including helping at Teancum's birthday party.  Dallin is an angel.  Seriously, I can't do this without an angel husband, and I have one of the best.  He was mom and dad, baby entertainer, and had cook-and-clean-up duty for most of the month.  The other huge blessing was going to Utah at the peak of the yuckies.  My mom took care of me and my family.  They actually had regular, good-tasting meals, and entertainment!  What a blessing!

This little baby has some serious tenacity and staying power considering all we have been through!  Doctor says all is well and growth is on-track.  It is exciting and difficult all at the same time, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations!
And boo on the vomiting part.

thecuteone said...

I'm so excited for you and Dallin!! Congrats!

CL said...

Congratulations! Sorry to hear you have been sick. The sacrifice begins from day one :)