Monday, February 13, 2012

Year 2012, Day 44

  • Ezra had two pooped diaper/outfit blow-outs and he peed on me BEFORE 9 a.m. The good news? He has a good working system and (thankfully) we were still at home.
  • Baby and I got cleaned up and went to run four errands at four different stores. Errand # 1: didn't have the color I needed. Errand #2: didn't have the size or quantity I needed. Errand # 3: didn't have the item at all; they were completely sold out (this is at a grocery store, mind you). Errand # 4: I needed to return something and even though I double-checked before leaving that I had the receipt, when I got to the store, it had somehow vanished (sigh.) The good news? I am developing some serious arm muscles with all of this baby-in-the-car, baby-out-of-the-car and Ezra was either asleep or content in his car seat for the entire escapade. And, I remembered to wear the pedometer today and my steps are racking up!
  • The public library is having a children's book sale today--25 cents each or five books for $1.00. The good news? I went to the sale and found an armful of goodies, including one of my favorites, The Gardener by Sarah Stewart.
  • And did I mention that the weather is gorgeous? Sunny, clear, a balmy 42 degrees. All things considered, it has been a good day.

1 comments:

Jane said...

Errand days like that really bug me. Mine usually involve traffic closures on every single freeway I need before I get to the store that is out of what I want too.
Curses.
Book sales are awesome though. What with all the new technology coming out people are dumping good books still in good condition. I'm gonna need more shelves.