Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garden Envy

To whom it may concern:

I make a humble confession as a self-professed green thumb: the vegetable garden this year has been a grand flop. My aspirations for floriferous grandeur have been stanched. I blame a very lovely, though slightly obese, honeylocust tree that has been stealing all the sunlight. After months of nurturing half a dozen vegetable varieties from seed, all I have to show for it is one green tomato the size of a gumball.

I am most thoroughly displeased, and am very tempted to do some drastic (anonymous) pruning to said honeylocust by moonlight.

Sincerely, Liezel, a disgruntled gardener.

p.s.-I envy this neighbor's success (and his unobstructed sunshine)

1 comments:

Jane said...

THAT is a serious pumpkin. Oy.
Why are honeylocust trees such hogs?