Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nothing Yet

Today is my official due date; I made it to 40 weeks! Apparently less than 5% of women deliver on their due date, and it appears that I am not in that five percent. Nothing much is happening yet, just wanted to report I am still out here, waiting.
Perhaps I have created an all-too-comfortable womb and baby isn't ready to vacate. Perhaps he wants to be a September baby, which is, of course, a very good month to be born. Perhaps he has an attuned sense of irony and wants to redefine my definition of "Labor Day" by arriving this coming Monday. We shall see. Here's hoping I have good news to share in the next week or so.

3 comments:

CL said...

What a cute pregnant Mama! It'll be exciting to hear your news!! Until then- enjoy his movements inside. It's my favorite part of being pregnant!

Jane said...

That 5% is because doctors only have a vague approximation of the conception date, so the "due" date is all guess work. No worries. Fuzzy will come when he's ready.

Ruth said...

I'm in Colorado (flying home from a visit to my sister in Laramie) and thinking about you, so I thought I'd check in.

I'd been thinking it would be fun if Baby got to share his birthday month with you. Assuming that's what's happening. :)