Monday, August 22, 2011

I Believe in God


I would like to add my witness to the witness of this renowned scientist.

God is real; he is a personage of flesh and bones. He is our Father and cares for us with all the love and tenderness of perfect Parent. His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, also has a body of flesh and bones, and under the direction of His Father, organized the world and all things therein. I see in their handiwork, the fingerprint of Divine Creators. The order, the intricacy, the majesty, and the variety of the creations in the earth and the heavens demonstrate to me that there had to be a Divine Plan. All things in the earth and the heavens bear witness of the Father and the Son.
We are created in the image of God. We are the offspring of God and have divine worth and potential. Our Father knew and loved us before we came to this earth. He understood our potential and created opportunities for us to grow and exercise our agency in that pre-mortal world. Now, as mortal being on this earth, we continue to use our God-given agency to make choices between good and bad, between truth and error. Our loving Father in Heaven, a being of perfect love and mercy, desires that we use our life on earth in such a way that we may be worthy to return to Him.
I pray to God because I know that He hears me. I am one of His spirit children; He is my Father in Heaven. He has a parental regard and concern for me as an individual, even amongst the vastness of the universe.

1 comments:

Phat Fiddle said...

I believe in God, and boy howdy does it make all the difference. I also believe in eating pumpkin pie at every possible opportunity :)