Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eternal Convergence


These pictures were in our wedding reception slide show and inspired a blog idea. Dallin and I were both roughly six months old and progressing equally along a normal developmental pattern. As we grew, though, we slowly diverged in our development pace, personal interests, and skills. About three weeks ago we created an eternal kind of reconnection in our earthly development. Marriage is the reconnecting point, or at least the beginning of a convergence. As we were dating I was amazed by our similar interests and now as a married couple continue to be amazed by the connection points that we have and are discovering. What a beautiful thing to find your eternal companion and have mutually enriching couple development on so many levels. I am grateful for my Dallin and his gentle heart. I am grateful for his generous, considerate attention. I am grateful for his homemade breakfast every morning. I am grateful for his good mornings. I am grateful for his kisses goodnight. I am grateful for being able to hold his hand for always. I am grateful for our growth time together. I am grateful for this sweet and rewarding relationship that creates unity. I am grateful for temple marriage as ordained by God.

2 comments:

Mae said...

I'm so happy that you are so happy! it makes my heart glitter with glee. i love you tons, alissa. I love reading your posts/thoughts and continue learning from your insights and perspective. I'm hoping you'll post some wedding pics soon!

Jane said...

And we are grateful for you being grateful for him.
I forsee a long and sweet life together.