Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stippling Strike

As some of you may know I just finished a two-part tunnel project in studio that required me to 1) build a tunnel model (8" x 8" x 20") out of cardboard with a designed pathway through it and 2) display the tunnel in plan view, section view, and six transverse section-elevations on two 24" x 36" pieces of white matboard using only india ink and stippling to show depth and texture. The good news is there IS a light at the end of the tunnel! I have emerged, though with a slightly lower IQ after hours of cutting cardboard and dotting. I think my eyes are still adjusting, my wrist and fingertips are recovering--slowly, and I know what day it is! I am on strike from all stippling, or resemblance to stippling, including dotting my "i's" and "j's", until further notice!
Though these last few days were pretty intense, one of my fellow classmates found the comedy in the experience and recorded it on the whiteboard in our studio. It made me laugh; I thought I would share. (p.s.--the numbers listed are actually pretty close to what we really did!)

1 comments:

Jane said...

Wow. That takes me back to the things we would think of to do to keep from working in the wee small hours of the morning in studio. We might have a few stories to swap should we ever meet in real life.
Good times!