Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Definition of Southern Hospitality

Imagine with me for a moment arriving in a new place, knowing almost no one, pulling into the driveway of a stranger and being greeted like an old friend. Imagine with me anxiety melting away and being replaced with an adorable little over-the-garage room with view, the offer of a car to use, and free reign of the pantry. Imagine sitting down with this stranger-friend and talking late into the night. I have a new definition of southern hospitality and she lives on Milledge Terrace.

Her name needs to be added to my good people book. Truly, I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Yay for nice people!
Did I miss something? Are you moving?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I moved to Athens, GA to start my grad program (MLA). Back to school--eek.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I moved to Athens, GA to start my grad program (MLA). Back to school--eek.