Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Memorium

The Atlanta Georgia Temple is closed for major exterior and interior renovations. My time as grounds supervisor is finished there, but I thought it fitting to post a few of my favorite pictures from the gardens I helped maintain. Most if not all of the existing plants will be removed and an entire new design will be installed by the time the temple reopens in about a year and a half. I like to think there is some kind of divine compensation for gardens built and loved and left, and that in a future day I can enjoy that celestial garden and continue to tend it.

3 comments:

Jane said...

You know, I think you are one of the luckiest people I know. I really, really envy you that job. I'd be no good at it, but I would like to work with plants all day.

CL said...

The Atlanta Temple couldn't have had someone who loved plants more than you! I wish I could have seen your work in person but your pictures were amazing. Good luck as you start a new phase of life. What are your plans?

Boo said...

Gorgeous photos! What a unique experience you enjoyed working on the grounds of the Atlanta Temple. I still hope, one day, I will see you tending the flowers and plants on Temple Square.