Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Well hello there...

After a three-month hiatus, I am getting back to the blogging.

My hiatus is due to a happy reason: I am pregnant with baby # 3 (!!!), which brings unhappy consequences on my normal life: nasty pregnancy nausea.  The good news is, at 18 weeks, I am feeling mostly normal, with the continued help of my nausea medication.

The saving grace of the summer was two awesome family reunions.  If it had not been for those two events, and a brief road-trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, my family would have endured the most uneventful, lethargic summer of their lives.  (I was a blob in fetal position for three months, throwing up 3-4 times/day.)  As of about a week and a half ago, I started cooking dinner again, and eating it too!

So, without further ado, here are the highlights of our summer (it really was fantastic, all things considered!):

Family hike in Boulder--one of our most successful, and so beautiful.
Lazy afternoon in Jackson.  Met the locals.
The epitome of summer: homemade ice cream in Jackson park.

Awesome family photo with super awesome Tetons backdrop.
The children were amazing road-trippers!  Hip-hip-hooray!
Plenty of time to enjoy Grandma's new outdoor paradise.
Easy, shady waterfall hike in Utah, so nice!
Camping in Grandma's front yard!
Canyon hike with cousins, and Jared & Sarah (8+ mos. pregnant!)
Fun cousin time with Camryn and Judd.
The best possible cousin hangout: Grandma's Roslyn's hot tub.
Fourth of July: a perfectly wonderful 8 am-10 pm marathon day.
Water park day with cousins--super fun!
Water slide with mom, giggle, repeat!
Dallin was concertmaster at this beautiful outdoor venue...
...and the children frolicked in the grass
We went to the Fort Collins Temple open house as a family--twice!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

At some point when I realized this was a really, really long pause on the blog, I hoped it was for that reason. :)

(My long pause is not.)

Jane said...

What a fabulous summer! I'm glad we were able to be a small part of it.
Congratulations! You look great, sorry for the throwing up. That's not so fabulous.