Friday, August 14, 2015

My Little Miss!

Maren Marie is TWO years old! 

I wanted to celebrate her special day by documenting some of her cute mannerisms.  She has become much more verbal in the last six weeks, and is able to communicate fairly well in a monosyllable style.

For example, she might say the following: "Mommy come.  Boots me.  Wee-wee.  Help."  (Interpretation: "Mommy come with me.  Help me put my boots on.  I want to go on the swing.")

Or this one: "Daddy come.  See room.  Pretty.  Ezra, me.  Wow." 
(Interpretation: "Daddy come with me.  Do you see the family room?  It's so pretty because Ezra and I cleaned it.  Wow!")

Or this one: "Mommy!  Ezra no-no.  Boom me.  Sad me."
(Interpretation: "Mommy, Ezra hurt me.  I'm sad.")

Maren has never used her own name.  She refers to herself as, "Me," and when she describes her actions she uses that pronoun with it, "Sleepy me."  "Happy me."  "Pretty me."

She rarely ever uses the word, "yes," even if the answer to a question is in the affirmative.  Instead, she communicates her approval with "Huh."  So, people who talk to her, but don't know her well think she is hard of hearing (he he).

"Maren, do you like to play outside?"
"Huh."
"Do you like to play outside? (a little louder)
"Huh."
Puzzled looks and knowing giggles from Mom follow... it is just one of her funny quirks.


I hope Maren doesn't hate me later for this, but I think the moment is precious: fancy free with her favorite pink boots--and little else, watering the vegetable garden.  We love our sweetie girl!

1 comments:

Jane said...

So cute the mannerisms that children develop. More proof to me of their innate personalities.
Such a doll! Happy Birthday Maren!