Friday, August 22, 2014

My Sister


My sister got married earlier this month.  My sister!  Molly was the perfect bride.  She was all composure, and grace, and beauty.  Her wedding was everything she is: sophisticated, classic, elegant, refined, thoughtful, lovely.  My new brother-in-law, John, is a perfect gentleman, so kind, steady, and adoring.  They deserve each other in every wonderful way!

Molly and John had a formal wedding dinner the night before the temple sealing, and a reception the night of the sealing.  The sealing in the Salt Lake Temple, though, was the highlight for me.

After the fact, someone said that we started late, that we were behind schedule in the temple.  Who knew?  I was completely oblivious.  I didn't have a watch or a cell phone, and time seems to melt away in the temple.  There was no where else in the world I wanted to be at that moment than in the temple with a much loved sister and her new sweetheart.  I remember feeling so completely at peace, very much in that moment, with no other distractions.  I remember loving the quiet time to sit next to my own sweetheart with the luxury of holding his hand and admiring the details of a beautiful room.  I remember reviewing my own covenants, and rejoicing in the blessing of making eternal commitments with God.  I remember listening intently, watching closely, and breathing deeply.

What a privilege to witness the beginning of their new life.  Congratulations!  I love you!     

1 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations to Molly! Post some of the pretty, pretty pictures when you get a chance.
The temple is always special but never more so than for weddings.