Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Little Indulgences

I am not in the habit of buying much for myself, or doing much for myself, but my sweet husband does.  On occasion, he will go to the store with a shopping list, and come home with a few unexpected, but welcome, additional items. 

One of my current favorites is Noosa, Aussie-style Colorado-crafted yogurt.  It is rich and creamy, more like custard than yogurt and perfectly delectable.  Dallin discovered it when I was pregnant with Maren, at a time when precious little looked, smelled, or tasted good.  It became my go-to snack then, and continues to be my occasional indulgence now.  This morning, for example, I opened the fridge and discovered two new containers of Noosa.  So, my palette was dancing while I enjoyed mango goodness for breakfast.

Another current favorite comes from a company called Que Bella Beauty.  I love their mud masks.  Dallin filled my Christmas stocking with a great assortment of these little pamper pouches.  It is my once-in-awhile 15-minute "single serving" do-it-yourself spa treatment.  This morning I had a few extra minutes and was in the mood, and indulged in their detoxifying dead sea mud mask.  (As an added perk, my blue face gave Ezra and Maren quite a thrill).

It was a lovely day, made possible by a sweet husband who takes good care of me.

1 comments:

Jane said...

I can't imagine why any person would choose to do this life thing all alone. Spouses are great, handy, sweet, helpful, wonderful things to have.
Congratulations on yours.