Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bedtime Magic

Dallin made a little magic at our house last night.

Here's the scene: Cute kids are in pajamas, ready for bedtime.  Maren is snuggled up in blankets, propped up on the couch.  Ezra scurries upstairs to get his blanket so he can snuggle next to baby (yep, that's right, he wanted to snuggle next to baby!)  Daddy pulls out his violin and for at least fifteen minutes, both Ezra and Maren are perfectly mesmerized by the spontaneous musical performance.  No talking, no crying, no wiggling, just listening.  After a while, Ezra broke free of the musical spell and was giving Maren some cute commentary:

"Maren, see Daddy play violin for us?  Nice muse-gick (music).  Yah."


A little later I ran upstairs for the camera and Ezra had this commentary for Maren,

"Maren, see Mommy take picture with camera?  Yah.  Say cheese Maren."

Daddy finished his playing.  We clapped with great gusto.  He took a bow.  An encore was requested, and played.  And then, my docile little troop went upstairs and brushed teeth.

p.s.--I have been trying to play my clarinet more often, and I have never gotten that kind of positive response.  If I remember correctly, the last time I played, Ezra was running around the room in circles, and Maren was crying.  Daddy has the magic touch; his playing certainly won my heart.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Daddy does have a special touch with that fiddle.
I am sure with more time spent - I know you have TONS of that!! - you would get the same response on the clarinet.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
The road to this moment is worth all it took to take.
Thank you so much for capturing and sharing
this precious moment.