Monday, October 21, 2013

Success!

Today I was forced to endure a strange sort of torture--a trip to the DMV with two children.  When we arrived, I pulled number 169 from the ticket dispenser; the electronic screen showed the current number as 102.  After thirty minutes of waiting, a crying baby, and an exasperated toddler, I realized I had grabbed the wrong piece of paperwork.  Dejected, we went home and had lunch.  After lunch, I took a deep breath, cinched up my belt and tried again.  This time we went to a different office, with slightly shorter lines.  

By the time our turn came up, Ezra was ready to burst with frustration.  Three times while I was at the counter, he ran out the front door and into the lobby.  By that time, Maren had had it too.  I had Ezra (the 30-pound bucking bronco) in one arm, while I bounced Maren in the car seat with the other arm.  Somehow, I was also trying to carry on a civilized conversation with the woman employee behind the desk, provide the required paperwork, and put my signature on a piece of paper.

Despite the fact that I looked like a frantic mother with an out-of-control toddler and a screaming baby, I felt like a conquering hero.  We had a successful DMV visit, and it only took two tries!  And, unless we decide to buy another vehicle, it will be a very long time before I have to do that again.

As an added perk, I also got a nice bicep workout.    

1 comments:

Jane said...

No one should be required to go to the DMV ever. Such a weird place and so seemingly unorganized.
Well done for finishing!