Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Patient Patient

Ezra and I have been sick, and Ezra has been an angel of a patient. Even when I do mean mommy things like suck out his snot with a nose bulb or spray saline drops up his nasal passages, he is still so loving. Several times in recent days, he has given me a look that seems to communicate his gratitude for my efforts and his trust in my ability as a mother. I have really needed his non-verbal vote of confidence lately. I marvel at his happy ways even when he is obviously uncomfortable. He is such a sweet example to me of patience and understanding. I feel so grateful to be his mother.

1 comments:

Jane said...

Did you ever try and play with one of those nose bulb things when you weren't sick? My mom hid it so we wouldn't try and suck up things with it. In retrospect I can understand why but at the time we felt like we were being deprived of some excellent toy.