Friday, June 19, 2009

Whisk

Whisk--another favorite word--this one distinctly less glamorous than some of my other favorites, but still worthy of mentioning. Say it aloud, doesn't it have a fabulous sound--whisk, whisk, whisk. I love it! But there is more to this than just letters and sound, it is the whole idea of what whisking implies. Think of the tool: an artistic interweaving of fine gauge wire that is elegant and so effective. Say the word whisk and efficiency and simplicity come to mind. This is a tool that is no-nonsense and makes quick work of a given task. Need dinner is a jiffy? Crack open some eggs then whisk, whisk, whisk and you have the beginnings of an omlet or french toast batter. Sounds like my kind of tool.

1 comments:

Jane said...

I'm coming to find that the tools I thought of as unnecessary or irrelevant are none of those. The whisk falls into the "newly appreciated" catagory.